The AFM is equipped with three types of heads: Nanowizard 4.0, CellHesion, and Force Robot.
- Nanowizard 4 mainly devoted to imaging, quantitative imaging (QI mode), microrheology.
- Force Robot mainly devoted to the semi-automatic acquisition of force spectra.
- CellHesion is mainly devoted to cell-cell interaction studies, microrheology.
- Maximum scan range in X-Y plane: 100 μm x 100 μm (Nanowizard 4; Force Robot);
- Maximum scan range in X-Y plane: 500 μm x 500 μm (CellHesion);
- Maximum Z range: 100 μm (CellHesion), 15 μm (Nanowizard 4), 10 μm (Force Robot);
All measurements can be done in a so-called liquid-cell setup in temperature-controlled conditions (from RT to 60 C). This AFM is integrated with an inverted optical microscope (Olympus IX 71) equipped with fluorescence (camera Andora, standard fluorescence filters, objectives from 4x to 100x). In the whole AFM setup, the micromanipulator system (Eppendorf) is incorporated.
Force Robot integrated with an inverted optical microscope equipped with fluorescence units and camera